The School of Human Environmental Sciences houses a variety of student organizations. Why join a club? A student organization is a great way to get to know other students in your area of study, but also an excellent way to add professional development experiences to your resume and network with professionals in your industry.
HESC Student Organizations
- The American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC) Student Chapter - The AATCC student chapter is the premier organization of the AMPD program. AATCC is a global resource for quality, innovation, and technical information for the textile, fiber, and soft goods industries. It also provides us access to more than 2,300 individual and corporate members in about 50 countries. Find the organization on Hogsync.
- Fashion & Apparel Board (FAB-UA) - Open to any student interested in the apparel and textile industry. Activities are designed to inform members of this dynamic industry and to actively engage with the public. Membership provides an excellent opportunity to interact with guest speakers and a chance to work with the community.
- Child Life Professions - It shall be the purpose of Child Life Profession's to help foster relationships
between students and inspire knowledge towards obtaining successful careers as Child
- Faculty Sponsor: Donia Timby
- Phi Upsilon Omicron - Professional honor society for human environmental sciences students. To be eligible for invitation to membership, a student must rank in the upper 35% of the class and be recognized for character and leadership.
- Professional Convention Management Association - For students interested in the profession of event planning and management. Find the organization on Hogsync.
- Faculty Sponsor: Dr. Dede Hamm
- Southern Early Childhood Association - For students interested in the career of early childhood education.
- Faculty Sponsor: Dr. Laura Herold
- Student Dietetic Association - Open to any student interested in the field of dietetics. Activities are designed to inform members of the field of dietetics and to spread information to the public. Membership provides an excellent opportunity to interact with dietetics professionals and a chance to work with the community. Find the organization on Hogsync.