Scholarships and Financial Aid
To apply, complete all of the following steps:
- ADD email@example.com to your e-mail address book, as some e-mail servers will block this address. The AcademicWorks system will send emails from this email address, please check your spam\junk folder if you are not receiving them.
- COMPOSE an academic resume
- COMPOSE the required essay.
- CONFIRM at least one reference provider. You will provide the name and email for your reference
in the application; they will respond to an emailed reference request from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to have your reference add this to their email address book.
- Incoming freshmen and transfer students may use a reference who is not from the University of Arkansas.
- COMPLETE the scholarship application found in Item #10 between January 1 and February 15, 2016.
- NOTE: This application may be saved and edited.
- BE SURE to press SUBMIT when completely finished. Applications must be fully submitted to be considered for scholarships.
For more information about graduate scholarships and awards, please contact academic departments directly.
To accept a Bumpers College scholarship package:
- We encourage all recipients to use their scholarship offer as confirmation for all appropriate notifications to local news media, educational entities and interested organizations.
- A letter of appreciation (if required) written to the listed scholarship donor(s) must be submitted by August 1 to ensure the timely disbursal of scholarship funds. Please follow the guidelines provided for letters of appreciation. Funds will only be released to student accounts after all required letters of appreciation are received and approved.
- By August 1, recipients of new scholarship awards must log in to the Bumpers College Scholarship application to record their intent to accept or decline the scholarship offer.
- NOTE: Current students with renewable Bumpers College scholarships for which this is not the first year of the award do not have to record their intent to continue the scholarship.
- Student Ambassadors do not have to log in to record their intent to accept their Ambassador scholarship
- Recipients of Crop, Soil and Environmental Sciences departmental scholarships will receive a departmental participation form through their uark email. This form must be completed and returned to the Bumpers College Scholarship Office.
- All materials should be returned in a single package to:
Bumpers College Scholarship Office
1 University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701
All Bumpers College scholarship offers are made based on the information provided in the Bumpers College Scholarship Application. To remain eligible for offered scholarships, please note:
- All scholarship offers are considered “pending” until your eligibility has been confirmed and may be amended or rescinded if your eligibility changes. Verification of eligibility includes, but is not limited to, verification of a maintained cumulative grade point average and current-year FAFSA information.
- Unless otherwise stated, scholarship funds will be applied directly to your student account, half per semester, pending confirmation of the stated criteria and provided you are enrolled in a Bumpers College degree program as a full-time undergraduate student with a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester. Any exceptions to the number of hours required are noted in the scholarship criteria.
- Bumpers College scholarships and associated departmental scholarships will be withdrawn if you change your major outside the Bumpers College, or if the information provided at the time of application has changed such that you are no longer eligible for a scholarship; or may be adjusted if you receive additional financial aid totaling more than the cost of attendance as defined by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Departmental scholarships will be withdrawn if you change to a major outside the awarding department.
- Your spring payment is contingent on your continued full-time enrollment in the same degree program.
- If you will be graduating in December or do not need full-time hours to graduate in your final, graduating semester, please contact the Bumpers College Scholarship Office immediately.
- By accepting this scholarship package, you agree to have your picture taken by our Communications Department, at a date to be determined, for use by the Bumpers College Scholarship Office and to participate in scholarship activities as your academic schedule permits.
Scholarships for students in agriculture and human environmental sciences are made possible by generous gifts from many firms and individuals. The criteria for these scholarships include academics, financial need, interests, organizational involvement, etc.
By completing the online Bumpers College scholarship application, you will be considered for all of the following scholarships except those requiring a Separate Application.
Eligible applicants must be majors within the School of Human Environmental Sciences (specific majors noted as applicable) and meet the following criteria:
|Ethel Owen Adair||Completed 3rd year of college; Upper class quartile; Financial need|
|Lucile Bates Cobb Beling||no additional criteria|
|Flossie Boles Endowed Home Economics||Preference to students from rural background and financial need; Additional preference to students involved with 4-H|
|Beatrice S. Bryson||no additional criteria|
|Carnall Hall Alumni||Hospitality Innovations majors; 2.50 or higher cumulative grade point average|
|Hazel Owen Dahms||Juniors and Seniors majoring in Apparel Merchandising and Product Innovations|
|Jo P. and Bill T. Dalton Endowed||Residents of Washington, Benton and Franklin counties in Arkansas|
|Virginia Ferguson Memorial||Active member of Phi Upsilon Omicron|
|Food, Human Nutrition and Hospitality||Hospitality Innovations majors|
|Gerber Endowed Scholarship in Pediatric Nutrition & Food Science||
Preference to students studying in food related fields with an emphasis on pediatrics; Food Science and Human Environmental Sciences majors
|Irma Fitch Giffels||Scholastic talent; Financial need|
|Rebecca Sholley Gifford Memorial||Juniors and Seniors active in Phi Upsilon Omicron;|
|Bobbye Jo Shepherd Halbrook Memorial||Completed at least two years of college credits; Human Development and Family Sciences majors with Child Development concentration|
|Harold and Iva Hicks Endowed||Agricultural Business, Crop Science, and Human Environmental Sciences majors|
|Hilliard and Eloise Jackson||Arkansas residents; Agricultural Business or Human Environmental Sciences majors; First preference to residents from Crawford or Franklin counties in Arkansas|
|Juanise Scoggin Johnson Memorial||no additional criteria|
|J.L. and Virginia P. Lancaster Endowed||Preference to upperclassmen; Preference to financial need|
|Inez Meadors McNeal||Juniors or Seniors; Human Development and Family Sciences majors with Child Development pr Birth through Kindergarten concentrations|
|Xzin McNeal Endowed||2.50 or higher cumulative grade point average|
|Murphy Foundation Endowed||Indicated career in culinary arts; 3.00 or higher cumulative grade point average; Preference to NWACC culinary graduate; Food Science majors also considered|
|Lorena Petermann Neumann Home Economics||Upperclassmen; Scholastic merit; Financial need|
|Eula M. Noyce Endowed||Juniors or Seniors; Human Development and Family Sciences majors|
|Emily-Jane Parette Memorial||Human Nutrition and Hospitality Innovations majors; Financial need; Preference to students who contribution to the diversity of the student body|
|Inez Sitton Endowed||no additional criteria|
|Hazel Taylor Spitze Freshman Scholarship||Human Development and Family Sciences majors; Incoming freshmen with a 3.00 or higher grade point average|
|Anna Pearl Rose and Martin Stevens Stauber, Sr. Endowed||Non-traditional students|
|Manila and Alfred Taylor||Entering freshmen or undergraduates returning after two years of interruption to studies; Interest in public service career; 3.00 or higher grade point average|
|John W. White Scholarship in Home Economics||Sophomore or Junior; Financial need|
|Other Scholarships and Financial Aid|