Didactic Program in Dietetics
The Didactic Program in Dietetics at the University of Arkansas is currently granted full accreditation status by the Accreditation for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Accreditation for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2190
Chicago, IL 60606
Phone: 312-899-0040 ext. 5400
Accreditation is given to Didactic Programs in Dietetics (DPD), that are in compliance with the Standards of Education. When you complete the DPD, you are eligible to apply for dietetic internships. Completion of the internship qualifies you to take the national registration exam, and passing it earns you the title of Registered Dietitian.
- Program Mission, Goals and Objectives
- Human Nutrition and Hospitality Innovation Degree Plans
- Interactive Student Handbook (PDF)
- Dietetics Info Sheet (PDF)
- Admissions Requirements: Students admitted to the University may be directly admitted to the dietetics program.
- Costs: University costs do not include the lab coat required for the HESC 2112/2111L course
- Clinical Dietitian (RD required)
- Public Health Nutritionist (RD usually required)
- Corporate Nutritionist (RD required)
- Food and Nutrition consultant (RD required)
- Food and Nutrition Journal editor (RD required)
- Research Specialist
- Food Service Management (RD sometimes required)
- Pharmaceutical Sales
- Entrepreneur (RD sometimes required)
Sports Nutritionist (RD required)
After completing the four-year degree program (Bachelor of Science in Human Environmental Sciences with a major in Food, Human Nutrition, and Hospitality and a concentration in Dietetics), graduates are eligible to apply for a post-baccalaureate dietetic internship. Completion of the Dietetic internship qualifies individuals to take the Registration exam to become a Registered Dietitian.
CDR Exam Pass Rate
Program outcome data is available to the public, current and prospective students upon request. Please send a written request to Mechelle Bailey, MS, RDN, Director of the Didactic Program in Dietetics at firstname.lastname@example.org